This part of ISO 12215 specifies requirements for materials intended for use in the construction of the hull, superstructure and appendages, in particular:
- weldable normal and higher strength hot-rolled steel plates, wide flats, sections and bars;
- austenitic stainless steels, fabricated in the form of plates or profiles;
- wrought aluminium alloys fabricated as plates, sections and extruded profiles;
- wood in the form of solid timber, plywood or veneer;
- other suitable materials.
This part of ISO 12215 applies to small craft with a hull length (LH) according to ISO 8666 of up to 24 m.