ISO 16734:2006 govern the application of explicit algebraic equation sets to the calculation of specific characteristics of fire plumes.
ISO 16734:2006 is an implementation of the general requirements provided in ISO/TR 13387-3 for the case of fire dynamics calculations involving sets of explicit algebraic equations.
ISO 16734:2006 is arranged in the form of a template, where specific information relevant to algebraic fire plume equations is provided to satisfy the following types of general requirements:
- description of physical phenomena addressed by the calculation method;
- documentation of the calculation procedure and its scientific basis;
- limitations of the calculation method;
- input parameters for the calculation method;
- domain of applicability of the calculation method.
Examples of sets of algebraic equations meeting all the requirements of ISO 16734:2006 are be provided for each different type of fire plume, including those for quasi-steady state, axisymmetric fire plumes.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2006-07
Edition: 1Number of pages: 17
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 92/SC 4 Fire safety engineering
- ICS :
- 13.220.01 Protection against fire in general
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
ISO 16734:2006Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.