ISO 10381-4:2003 describes the sampling of soils of
- natural and near-natural sites;
- areas used for agriculture (arable and pasture sites);
- areas used for horticulture (including domestic gardens, allotments);
- areas used for special crop-cultivation, arboreal, vineyard, etc.;
- forest areas and woods.
It is applicable to
- soil investigations and evaluations in the field;
- chemical, geochemical, physical, biological and radiological characterization of soil and soil materials in the laboratory after sampling.
ISO 10381-4:2003 sets out appropriate strategies for the design of sampling programmes, field procedures and subsequent treatment of samples for transport and storage prior to sample pretreatment (e.g. drying, milling).
NOTE ISO 10381-4:2003 is intended to be used in conjunction with the other parts of ISO 10381 when appropriate.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2003-05
Edition: 1Number of pages: 13
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 190/SC 7 Impact assessment
- ICS :
- 13.080.05 Examination of soils in general
ISO 10381-4:2003Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.