ISO 14175:2008 specifies requirements for the classification of gases and gas mixtures used in fusion welding and allied processes including, but not limited to:
- tungsten arc welding (Process 141);
- gas-shielded metal arc welding (Process 13);
- plasma arc welding (Process 15);
- plasma arc cutting (Process 83);
- laser welding (Process 52);
- laser cutting (Process 84);
- arc braze welding (Process 972).
Process numbers are in accordance with ISO 4063.
The purpose of ISO 14175:2008 is to classify and designate shielding, backing, process and assist gases in accordance with their chemical properties and metallurgical behaviour as the basis for correct selection by the user and to simplify the possible qualification procedures.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2008-03
Corrected version (fr): 2008-10
Edition: 2Number of pages: 9
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 44/SC 3 Welding consumables
Buy this standard
|std 1 58|
|std 2 58||Paper|