ISO 50047:2016 describes approaches for the determination of energy savings in organizations. It can be used by all organizations, whether or not they have an energy management system, such as ISO 50001.
ISO 50047:2016 addresses the following topics in the context of energy savings:
· establishing the purpose of determining energy savings;
· determining boundaries;
· energy accounting, including primary and delivered energy and the use of common energy units;
· selecting an approach for the determination of energy savings;
· establishing an energy baseline;
· normalization of energy consumption;
· determination of energy savings;
· reporting and other matters.
Specific methods for the measurement and verification of energy performance and its improvement are outside the scope of ISO 50047:2016.