ISO 16649-1:2018 specifies a horizontal method for the enumeration of β-glucuronidase-positive Escherichia coli by colony-count technique after resuscitation using membranes and incubation at 44 °C on a solid medium containing a chromogenic ingredient for detection of the enzyme β-glucuronidase. It is applicable to
- products intended for human consumption,
- products intended for feeding animals,
- environmental samples in the area of food production and food handling, and
- samples from the primary production stage such as animal faeces, dust, and swabs.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2018-04
Edition: 2Number of pages: 11
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 34/SC 9 Microbiology
- ICS :
- 07.100.30 Food microbiology
Buy this standard
|std 1 61|
|std 2 61||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.20 (Under review)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.