This International Standard specifies requirements for a Sustainable Development Goals Management System when an organization:
- Needs to demonstrate and enhance its work and performance towards the UN SDGs.
- Seeks to manage its responsibilities in a systematic manner that contributes to the pillars of sustainability.
Consistent with the SDG policy of the organization, the intended outcome of an SDG management system is to:
- Enhance the organization’s performance.
- Fulfil compliance obligations.
- Achieve selected SDG objectives.
- Increase success.
- Create trust and confidence to relevant existing and future stakeholders.
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals